First, thank you for those who have kept me on your blog roll despite the lack of activity over here. Just to fill you in on what’s up:
Over the past two months, I’ve turned into a Christian.
- I attend church every week
- I read the Bible most days
- I take time to sit before God
- I joyfully give of my tithes and offerings
What I’ve somehow stopped becoming, however, is a Christ follower.
- I have not visited the seniors at the local assisted living facility
- I have not worked with the special needs kids
- I have not served in church ministry
- I have not reached out to people in need
- I have not spread the Gospel
- I have not unleashed dreams
- I have not built His kingdom
A few weeks ago, I stopped into Erin’s place and the first words I saw were “Faith without works is dead.” I felt convicted. So I left. But these gentle (and no so gentle) nudges over the past few weeks are taking effect, and I am determined to get back on that path. And follow.