Thursday, August 12, 2010

setting the table

Did you hear the latest joke? A gay, a muslim and an illegal immigrant walk into a bar...

Recent events, including the overturn of Prop 8, the plan to build a mosque in NYC and discussions around SB1070 and the 14th ammendment, have fueled--sometimes heated--debates.

These are all complicated issues that cut across many boundaries for me, including my faith, my country and my personal relationships. Over the next three weeks I will use this space to do some thinking and put on paper where I stand. Feel free to point me in any direction... I am open to ideas.

(And now that I wrote that I am going to do this, so it will be done!)

1 comment:

kc bob said...

Look forward to reading your thoughts Ed! The challenge for me is letting my heart dictate my ideology on these issues instead of my brain.. not that I have that big of a brain. :)