Tuesday, August 10, 2010

the '100 thing' thing

This article in the NY Times business section caught my attention this weekend. It tells the story of Tammy Strobel who, emboldened by a Web site that challenges consumers to live with just 100 personal items, winnowed down her wardrobe and toiletries to precisely that number.

With my laptop (personal item #1) and the old Google machine, I came across the 100 Thing Challenge – which motivated me to take a quick glance into my closet this morning. For starters, found:

- 23 baseball caps
- 30 golf shirts
- 11 pair of shoes

It took me all of 30 seconds to count these items. Plan is to do a more complete inventory of “my stuff” over the next week. Not sure where this is going… so stay tuned for more!

3 comments:

kc bob said...

During our latest move from the suburbs to the downtown KC we got rid of about a third of our stuff.Have not missed any of it yet.. but am not up to going lower. :)

Erin said...

I've been following Tammy's blog for a while. And as it happens, I'm packing for a move right now. By the time I'm finished 1/2 to 2/3 will go. Looking forward to it :)

Anonymous said...

wondering what would happen if everyone in usa gave all extra stuff to those in need of it.

what would that really look like?
would it not be a sight?