Tuesday, August 10, 2010

the '100 thing' thing

This article in the NY Times business section caught my attention this weekend. It tells the story of Tammy Strobel who, emboldened by a Web site that challenges consumers to live with just 100 personal items, winnowed down her wardrobe and toiletries to precisely that number.

With my laptop (personal item #1) and the old Google machine, I came across the 100 Thing Challenge – which motivated me to take a quick glance into my closet this morning. For starters, found:

- 23 baseball caps
- 30 golf shirts
- 11 pair of shoes

It took me all of 30 seconds to count these items. Plan is to do a more complete inventory of “my stuff” over the next week. Not sure where this is going… so stay tuned for more!

3 comments:

Kansas Bob said...

During our latest move from the suburbs to the downtown KC we got rid of about a third of our stuff.Have not missed any of it yet.. but am not up to going lower. :)

Erin Wilson said...

I've been following Tammy's blog for a while. And as it happens, I'm packing for a move right now. By the time I'm finished 1/2 to 2/3 will go. Looking forward to it :)

n. davis rosback said...

wondering what would happen if everyone in usa gave all extra stuff to those in need of it.

what would that really look like?
would it not be a sight?