Tuesday, January 6, 2009

don't hold me responsible


Roland Burris showed up in Washington today and was denied a seat in the U.S. Senate under the cloud plaguing Illinois' Governor Rod Blagojevich - the man who promoted him.

So this afternoon, Blago issued this plea: "The people of Illinois are entitled to be represented by two senators in the United States Senate... Any allegations against me should not be held against him and especially not the people of Illinois."

While pondering whether or not Burris should be allowed to join Congress, I had this thought.

How many times do people look at me and say 'if that's what it means to be a Christ follower, I want no part of it'. Like all of us on this journey, we have moments of sunshine and moments of clouds.

So I just have one thing to say to those who are far from Christ: Any allegations against me should not be held against Him.

4 comments:

kc bob said...

I think most people don't expect us to be perfect.. they just want us to be real and admit that we struggle in the same way that they do.. they need us to be vulnerable and transparent.

Maybe that could work for Blago too.. couldn't hurt.. of course it could incriminate him :)

Ed G. said...

there you go with that "being real" stuff again.

kc bob said...

..didn't mean to incriminate :)

karen said...

lol...great post!