Thursday, March 4, 2010

more thanks, praise and prayer

Picking up from last week...

Day 14. If there were a ‘supreme being’, the world created would be beyond my grasp. I would look around, unable to understand the how, impossible to fathom the why. That would be worthy of my praise.

Day 13. Gentle melodies. Precise harmonies. Penetrating lyrics. Artful perfection. Music transforms the world. If you can sing in key, keep a beat, play a note or strike a chord, I humbly say thank you. You have reached my soul.

Day 12. The truth can hurt, it can sting… even convict. And yet I praise God for truth. For when embraced, truth can show the way, melt away worry, and instill value and acceptance in everything it encounters. It can set you free.

Day 11. Options and uncertainty can add anxiety and frustration to any decision. Today, my prayer is that you find direction, see the way and gain the clarity of vision you need to act with confidence.

Day 10. I praise love. Love is patient and kind. It doesn’t envy or boast. Love is never prideful, rude, self-seeking or easily angered. It keeps no record of wrongs. Love rejoices with the truth. It always protects, trusts, hopes and perseveres.

Day 9. Facebook Friday: THANKS. Response include: underground power lines, blessings, Facebook!, the President, Uncle Roy, family and friends, a loving God, clean clothes, tolenant spouses and NO SNOW!

Day 8. I walked away from an alcohol-induced crash eight years ago (my car? not so lucky.) Others may be on the verge of spinning out, without us knowing. I pray today for strength. Keep your hands on the wheel. Trust the road. For one more day. Then one more after that.

Day 7. I am thankful for moments of unexpected connection. How a random smile from a stranger can validate that you are not alone, we all mean something and everything will be OK.

2 comments:

kc bob said...

Sweet stuff Ed!

Bill Williams said...

I agree with Bob. Sweet stuff here, Ed!

Lord willing, I'll be in Manchester, CT this Saturday speaking at the New England Church Growth Conference. Might our paths cross there?

Blessings in Christ,
Bill
http://spiritualoasis.org