Friday, January 11, 2008

pagan, meet the flying nun

There’s an interesting discussion going on over at Kingdom Grace. For two weeks, grace is providing her reactions to a new book, Christianity. (From my personal experience so far, grace’s musings and the subsequent comments are better than the book.)

My “comment of the week” was in response to a discussion around the role of the church building (chapter 2 of the book). Scroll down the comments and you’ll find this gem from jonathan brink:
“In 324, Constantine began ordering the construction of church buildings to promote the popularity and acceptance of Christianity. If the Christians had their own sacred buildings, their faith would be regarded as legitimate.”

The actress Sally Fields said it a different way. “I’ve wanted more than anything to have your respect. The first time I didn’t feel it, but this time I feel it, and I can’t deny the fact that you like me, right now, you like me!”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i should have a closer look at the blog of grace. sounds interesting.

Anonymous said...

oh...and john's too.